Romeiro’s Landscaping offers our customers a green approach to lawn care. This involves the use of organic or organic based fertilizers. We will only apply the necessary control products and avoid applications during conditions that would result in the runoff of any material.
The organic products we use must meet stringent standards. Using these organic products will build healthy soil, keep rural communities healthy, reduce health risks, and work in harmony with nature.
The goal of our green program is to nourish the soil with organic materials, unlike with the use of chemical lawn care which focuses on just feeding the grass.
Our green approach to lawn care includes using environmentally friendly equipment on site. The propane mowers we own lower fuel costs, are cleaner, reduce greenhouse emissions by 25%, have longer run times, longer engine life, reduce carbon deposits, and are EPA certified.
The steps we take in our green program include:
- Spring clean up including re-edging beds by hand, all shrubbery with winter damage will be pruned by hand, snow stakes will be removed and stored on our property for reuse next winter
- Top dressing with compost which releases nutrients slowly over a long period of time.
- Using grass clippings as a lawn fertilizer, this can boost soil fertility up to 30%.
- Aeration relieves compaction and cultivates the soil by increasing air, water penetration, and movement in the soil.
- Overseeding to introduce hardy, pest resistant, low maintenance grass varieties into the lawn.
- Mowing high to encourage good root development and shading out sun loving weeds.
- Our weekly maintenance program includes a weed control program where weeds are pulled by hand where possible. Lawn area weeds will be sprayed with pre-emergent on an “as needed” basis only, and if areas not treated with crabgrass control become infested, selective herbicide will be spot sprayed to kill any crabgrass.